The HIPAA Privacy Office is currently working remotely. We may be reached by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (203-432-5919). If you sent us a letter by mail or fax, we will be delayed in responding.
Thank you for your patience.
At Yale University, we are committed to providing quality health care which includes respecting patients’ and clinical research subjects’ rights to maintain the privacy of their health information and ensuring appropriate security of all protected health information. The standards for protecting patient health information are described in the federal law known as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). This web site provides information and guidance on the policies and procedures related to HIPAA compliance at Yale University.
- Patient Rights
- Release of Information - Authorization for Use or Disclosure of PHI
- Designation of Patient Spokesperson
- Notice on Electronic Medical Record Use
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Non Discrimination and Language Assistance